Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Top Romantic Movies, from a goose's point of view

Dearest Jasmin,
I RECEIVED YOUR LOVE LETTER TODAY!!! Oh how it made me happy, after a long long day at school. Thank you for thinking of me, (as always), I will keep it by my bed and read it before I go to sleep every night. Knowing how you trust my taste in movies(alright ill pay u back 6euros for watching 2012 &  u give me back ur trust), I've listed my favorite romantic movies that will (or did?), most definitely, move and shatter your little heart of stone. I hope you find a charming boy in bordeaux soon with whom you can watch these, in the comfort of Alcatraz.

no one is allowed to disagree with this list,or question my taste. well no one comments anyways haha

" Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind "


I don't even know where to begin, it's basically Jim Carey undergoing a procedure of memory-erasing after a bad breakup but during the operation, he tries to protect the little bits left of what he and Kate once had from being erased.  Actually, this movie is best when you watch it alone, with a whole tub of ice cream.

 
" Cinema Paradiso "

now that I think of it, it could possibly be my favorite movie of all time.  I watched it for the first time in english class at Marianopolis, I was luckily sitting in the last row, because I cried until I ran out of breath.  And the movie is far from being sad, it kind of restored my faith in humanity...  Best acting, scenario, soundtrack, ever ever ever.

wow I had to stop 10 minutes because just listening to the love theme made me cry again.


I shouldnt have brought up this movie, now I can't think of anything else better than this..... It makes the rest of the movies look like crap.

If you cried at the end of The Notebook, or at the beginning of Up, you're going to become blind after this one!!  talking about the notebook, my favorite scene is when they fight at the end, and the dialogue goes like:


Allie: You arrogant son of a B****


Noah: Would you just stay with me?


Allie: Stay with you? What for? Look at us, we're already fightin'


Noah: Well that's what we do, we fight... You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a B**** and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a 2 second rebound rate, then you're back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing.



um  and I so fail at making a list.   Wait I think Wall-E could make it to the list.  and Leon the Professional.  Gone with the Wind. Forrest Gump.  the Butterfly Effect?  La vita e bella.  Cyrano de Bergerac. My Sassy Girl.                   the Lake House.(alright, im biased cuz of Keanu)

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of your top 2 romantic movies! xD I'll definitely have to take a look when I have the time! :)

    ReplyDelete