Monday, April 2, 2012

BOOKS + CHURCH = ORGASM

Guys, I have so many pictures of amazing architecture on my computer that it would be a sin not to share them with you.  In fact, I think I even have enough material for a special AMAZING LIBRARIES edition on my blog!

Remember this post where I showed you a picture of the Malmö Library in Sweden (Thanks Andrew for identifying the library) ?  Now check this one out:

 Innovative design at its best : Dutch bookstore chain converts 13th century cathedral in Maastricht, Holland into a contemporary bookstore!  A 3-story bookstore, you've heard right!








There's even a cafe and pretty seats at the choir section.  Now, if that doesn't make you want to read, I don't know what will.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I wonder if they sell Richard Dawkins' books in there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeez a visit from master gong, don't see you often here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. À Magog, ils ont tranformé une église en bibliothèque, et je crois que c'est la PIRE idée du monde. À cause de la structure de l'église, le moindre bruit est amplifié x 3 million. On entend sans cesse les petites bibliothécaires du premier étage chuchoter ou le monde qui entrent et qui sortent (ou aussi des enfants qui crient à tue-tête, mais ça c'est une autre histoire).

    Par contre, c'est vraiment magnifique. Ils ont complètement modernisé l'intérieur, j'adore! J'ai même trouvé ma petite place à côté du calorifère pour ne jamais mourir de froid. :)

    ReplyDelete