Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's not me, it's you.

The compliment I've unfortunately been getting the most at work is : Wow you're good at computers.  

You'd think my reaction would be
But sigh...being told "you're good at computers" by other women/girls is not even close to being told the same thing by a guy.  I consider myself in terms of computer knowledge around the average 2012 homo sapien level, but now, now these women... they are taking this to the level of ZOOLANDER and HANSEL!! 




1/4 of my work time is spent on the phone with angry flooring dealers trying to access our ftp site, trying to guide them step by step (which internet browser are you using? "I usually use Google.com miss, sometimes I go on yahoo.com"). I will not give up on educating these Alberta countrymen, even my 80 year old grandma has learned how to use Skype and attach pictures to her emails ;)

Learn how to fix your computer problems by yourself, it's not cute to be computer illiterate, AND I'M NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND I DON'T HAVE THE OBLIGATION TO COME TO YOUR RESCUE.  But I will because your boyfriend needs a break from your ignorance from time to time.

Sincerely,

1 comment:

  1. pauvre mac.
    je dois avouer que je suis nulle en ordinateur aussi. mais je google souvent le problème, ce qui m'aide à me débrouiller. sinon il y a math à la rescousse hehe. jaime que tu sois une fille independante et bien calée en ordinateurs. lorsqu'on partira notre compagnie, tu seras un bon asset :)

    ReplyDelete