Friday, May 4, 2012

My ever-so-exciting Friday nights...

I take back what I said yesterday about computer n00bs.  Every once in a while I get reminded by my old nissan how car mechanics challenged I am.  And I must thank the one man who's always been here for me and poor nissan.  If you know me in real life chances are that you've heard me complain about my dad and how we argue 99% of the time and the remaining 1% is spent ignoring each other.  The % fluctuates from time to time but it still holds.   

My dad is like the archetype of the caveman.  Ok maybe not a caveman, let's say a traditional macho man.  I don't recall ever seeing him cook or washing the dishes, he wouldn't even touch the rice cooker or wash the salad.  My mom doesn't expect him to, because she's accepted the caveman that he is and he helps around the house by taking care of other tasks such as lighting the fire in the fireplace...
anywayyyyyyyyyyy j'en étais où moi??  
So yes, my dad, has NO PITY for retards.  Even when I give him my extra challenged-cute-help-me-with-my-car look.  This is why I'm spending my Friday evening reading on motor oil on wikipedia.  But I am grateful to have learned something, I really am. I know what the W stands for in 5w-30 haha    Dans un sens, mon père est très macho, en refusant catégoriquement de participer à des tâches traditionnellement pour femmes, mais en même temps il est très juste dans ses attentes que ça soit de femmes, hommes, sa fille, des retardés, pour lui "je comprends rien" c'est PAS une excuse.  Il a quand même eu pitié de moi et de mon rétroviseur manquant (le trou béant scotch tapé qui faisait un bruit de fou avec le vent) cette semaine il a installé ce dernier sans m'en parler.  Oui ça m'en prend pas beaucoup pour être touchée!!  C'est le plus gros geste d'affection qu'il est prêt à me manifester, et j'apprécie en tabarouette.    It's just that sometimes I wish I could be more spoiled like other normal daughters/only child, but I doubt I could get used to it.

With the help of my dad I will be better prepared to face the life of a single, independent, cat lady.

1 comment:

  1. :) trop fin avec le rétroviseur! c'est bon, tu pourras m'aider avec les ordis ET les chars. we love your nissan, it's taking us all the way to nyc dudeeeeeeee