Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I no longer want to embody the asian + female driver stereotype

So I've been practicing parallel parking quite a bit.  And watching youtube tutorials (yes I know, SHUUUSH)

Not being able to park parallel has made me a cripple in the city and this is why all these years I have been so scared to drive into town, along with the excuse that I'm horrible at orienting myself and remembering the streets.  A hobo once laughed at me while I was trying to do some parallel parking, I thought I really made his day but he definitely ruined mine with his uncontrollable laughter.  Bitch.

But I'm working on this handicap and I will learn to park like a normal person, so just watch!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Don't worry, it usually takes me 2-3 tries before I can parallel park.

    And anyway, there's no point in driving downtown since: 1. always intense traffic, 2. it takes FOREVER to turn right because of all the pedestrian who cross the street and doesn't let you turn, 3. sometimes, paying for parking is more expensive than two bus/metro pass.

    ReplyDelete